Year three for CELEBRATE SOUND® Don’t Walk in Silence is off to a great start. With more than 50 events completed and over $400,000 raised, Sertoma members set a standard for outcomes many organizations would envy for a start-up effort. But we know that is just the beginning, we have a lot momentum building with several repeat, and new events scheduled for this fiscal year.
So just in case some are still asking the questions; “Should my club do a Celebrate Sound event?” Here are some other questions to consider first. How can we build brand and awareness with an increasing larger audience? What will excite or encourage more people to engage the service and philanthropy of our club and Sertoma? Because if those are questions your club is asking, then Celebrate Sound is not another question, it’s the answer.
I truly miss David Letterman’s top 10 lists since he retired. There is no way that I can match his wit, and my list might not be as entertaining, but if you still are asking the question Why?
Top 10 Reasons for hosting a walk -
- It is easy to do since it is a turn-key fund raising project.
- It has online registration and online goal tracking.
- It raises awareness of hearing health issues.
- It raises funds for grants and scholarships.
- It is a way to recruit new members.
- It brings people together for a common cause, Sertoma.
- It gets the Sertoma name recognized locally and nationally.
- It introduces Sertoma to people who have never heard of Sertoma.
- It can be done with as little as 6 people.
- It is fun.
Let’s grow recognition and support our clubs and Sertoma deserves. Obtain your CELEBRATE SOUND Don’t Walk in Silence information packet today by emailing CelebrateSound@sertomahq.org.
Sertoma Junior Vice President